In order to be optimally prepared for the cash register audit, you can ask yourself the following questions and find out what the possible weak points are:
- Does your cash register meet the technical requirements?
Check as soon as possible, if your cash register meets the tax requirements.
- Are all business cases recorded?
You should make sure that all employees comply with the legal measures.
- Revenues & Expenses — is the difference noticeable between these in your cash register system?
Your pricing system must show the revenue and expenses in a clearly distinguishable form.
- Do you have the possibility to send the records in electronic format?
You need to be always able to hand over your data to the Finanzamt (financial authorities).
- Are the eventual changes documented?
If a change of the records in your cash register system cannot be avoided, make sure this is transparent and verifiable.